The Scholarship Committee accepts application from new applicants annually. The deadline for applications will be March 31 each year, and the Scholarship Committee is now accepting applications. The scholarships awarded at Sawgrass Country Club are financial grants to eligible employees and their dependents, funded by member donations to the Sawgrass Foundation, Inc.
All scholarship awards will be selected by the Scholarship Committee, which is a subcommittee of the Sawgrass Foundation and not part of the Club management. The Scholarship Committee will make final decisions on applications based on eligibility, the reasonability of employee education plans, and money available.
After each semester or school period, a transcript or statement from the school about successful completion is required. Applicants will need to submit an Application for Continuation of Scholarship each semester that will include transcript and invoice for payment for the upcoming term/semester.
General Scholarship Amount
Scholarships will be given to cover tuition and school fees on a semester basis, up to $2,500 maximum per semester and $5,000 annually. If multiple members of an employees family qualify for scholarship assistance the Sawgrass Foundation will support up to $7,500 annually per family. The Foundation will pay the school directly.
- Be an active employee in good standing, or a dependent of an active employee in good standing.
- Employees requesting scholarships for themselves or their dependents must have been employed by Sawgrass Country Club for at least six months and have worked 250 hours.
- Employees who qualify for scholarship and are attending university/educational programs out of town during the year may continue to qualify for scholarship assistance by returning to Sawgrass Country Club and meeting the hourly requirements during school breaks over the holidays and/or during the summer.
- Applicant normally will have been accepted without probation or condition by an accredited program. Ongoing scholarship is dependent upon successful completion of the previous semester/course in good standing.
- New Applicants must submit a completed application. Applications for scholarship will be submitted to the Sawgrass Foundation, Inc website for initial consideration by March 31 each year. Once the scholarship is approved, the recipient will be asked to submit a scholarship check request form.
- After completion of each semester/term the scholarship recipient will submit an Application for Continuation of Scholarship that will include a current transcript along with charges for the upcoming semester/term.
Applications for scholarships will be submitted to the Sawgrass Foundation, Inc website for consideration at least 6 weeks prior to school start. The committee will approve an application within 3 weeks of submission. Once the scholarship is approved, the recipient will be asked to submit a scholarship check request form.
Use of Scholarship Funds
Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees that are itemized on the tuition bill each term. Items such as meals, lodging, transportation, dropped courses and others will not be eligible for payments.